I am currently investigating flespi for a project and ran into the following issue:
When setting up 2 clients on the same Shared Subscription and both with a persistent Session, all messages are enqueued to the first client when both clients are offline.
This is the flow:
- Connect Consumer A, subscribe to '$share/some-group/telemetry/#'
- Connect Consumer B, subscribe to '$share/some-group/telemetry/#'
- Take both clients offline
- Disconnect all clients
- Connect publisher A and send 30 messages
- Connect client A and client B again
All messages go to Consumer A.
My expectation was that the broker would load balance even when no subscribers are connected.
Is my expectation wrong or did I make a mistake?
See https://www.codepile.net/pile/pa4ONJ54 for code